Friday, November 19, 2010

I Never Cared Much For Sports

It is true. I never liked to watch sporting events. I faked it through High School on various occasions, but have since let go of what I saw to be an embarrassing obsession displaying the most childish, unconscious aspects of human nature.

Then I became a photojournalist.

In any given week, I spend more time shooting sports than anything else. I've learned the rules of football. I know the names of every basketball player on the college team. I look forward to my time on the sidelines, capturing tears, anger, and orgasmic ecstasy. Some of my favorite photos are ones that will never be printed in the paper because they are too abstract, the ball isn't in the photo, or merely that I am the only one who likes them.

These are some of those that I got tonight:




And this is what it looks like when you're about to get hit by a ball:

1 comment:

Malady said...

I love the shot of the two players wrestling for the ball. So artful...